Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Eavesdropping

When I was on the bus on the way home, there were two people who were talking on their phones.

The first woman who was in a hurry said that she would get there(the place her friend was waiting) in a few minutes and apologized about being late. After finishing talking, she murmured that she should have finished working earlier.

The second girl who was talking with her roommate(I guess) and told her that she was going to have dinner with her friends. Then she added that she(her roommate) could use their house as she liked. I thought her roommate had wanted to use their house, so this girl went out for dinner.


After having dinner, I was chatting with my host family. There were my host mother Nadine, her sister Jessica and their aunt Ibone. Ibone asked what kind of costume kids would wear. Nadine answered the details and they began to talk about Halloween while having cakes and a cup of tea.

No comments: